In 2012, the Abilities Expo has scheduled 6 exhibitions across the country for people with disabilities. The first will be in Atlanta Feb. 17-19.
This unique exhibition displays the latest accessible products and services to people with physical disabilities, their families, seniors, caregivers, healthcare professionals, people with vision and hearing impairments and those with developmental disabilities.
It features cutting-edge technology cars, vans, conversions and accessories. It’s a great way to see a variety of wheelchair accessible vehicles and accessories in one location. You can spend hours asking questions and comparing products and services from different companies.
The Expo also highlights wheelchairs, adaptive home furnishings, daily living aids, assistive technology fitness gear, travel services and more.
Admission is free! Wander around and see everything or visit the website beforehand at (www.abilitiesexpo.com) for a list of participating exhibitors and plan your day(s). With onsite discounts, many offerings are discounted exclusively for Abilities Expo attendees.
- Free workshops: Learn about purchasing the best accessible vehicle and mobility devices; get tips on accessible living, dating, financial planning, fitness, travel, canine companions and more.
- Events and activities: Adaptive sports, dance performances, gravity-defying stunts, technology showcases, canine assistance demos and much more. You can get involved or just enjoy.
- The Assistive Technology Pavilion features the latest AT products with wide ranges of physical, sensory and intellectual disabilities.
- Test your skills at adaptive sports, watch canine assistance demos and more.
- It’s for kids, too, with products and services created with children in mind, kid-focused activities, sports, crafts, games and more.
Exhibitors include many leading companies. Check them out at www.abilitiesexpo.com. Click on the city you desire, then “The Expo,” then “Exhibitor List.”
The first 2012 Abilities Expo is in Atlanta Feb. 17-19, followed by Los Angeles March 30-Apr 1, then New York May 4-6, Chicago June 29-July1, Houston Aug. 3-5, San Jose Nov. 16-18.
The National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA) is an advocate for mobility and accessibility for drivers with disabilities. If you need help with converting or buying a handicap accessible vehicle please consider one of our mobility equipment dealers.