Filing a Complaint Against a NMEDA Member
NMEDA strives to ensure the highest disability safety and satisfaction for any individual who works with our members. If you are dissatisfied with a product or service from a NMEDA member, we’d like to help make things right.
Follow the steps below and our Mediation Committee will evaluate your complaint. If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to contact the NMEDA office. NOTE: the dealer in question must be a current NMEDA member at the time the complaint is filed. NMEDA has no authority over non-member entities.
- Complainant submits a written complaint using the appropriate form:
- NMEDA receives the complaint and within 7 days will send a confirmation letter to the complainant. Within 2-3 days the complaint is forwarded to the Mediation Committee.
- The chairperson of the Committee, or his designee on the Committee, will then contact both the complainant and the dealer to obtain a greater understanding of the circumstances and to be certain that legal action has not been initiated. Information obtained from these discussions will also be shared with the Committee.
- A meeting date and time will be set to review the case.
- The Mediation Committee works with all parties involved to determine an equitable settlement. At this point, the Mediation Committee will notify all parties of the next steps in the process. These include mandating sanctions against the NMEDA member(s), if necessary. If the Mediation Committee determines that an equitable settlement cannot be reached, this will constitute an “unresolved dispute.”
- In the event of an unresolved dispute, a permanent file of events will be kept at NMEDA headquarters, and the Mediation Committee must put in writing why the case was considered unresolved, and what actions the member must take in order for it to be resolved.
To begin the process, please download the necessary mediation form located above. There are two ways to fill out the form:
- Fill out the form online with your keyboard. Then save the file to email, or print it to fax or mail.
- Print and fill out the form by hand to email, fax, or mail.
Please return the form to the NMEDA Office:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 813.962.8970
- Mail: NMEDA Mediation
3327 West Bearss Avenue
Tampa, FL 33618