VA Past Due Invoice Program
NMEDA’s Past Due Invoice (PDI) Program—an exclusive members-only benefit—will now include a monthly collection (instead of quarterly) from our members. VA’s slow payment practices have been an issue of great concern for years, and we recently negotiated an increase in the frequency of PDI collection and submission in order to better serve our members struggling to be paid promptly by VA. As NMEDA continues to work with Congress and VA to establish a uniform procedure for enforcing prompt payment across the VA health care system, this NMEDA member benefit can help you get those VA PDIs resolved sooner and more frequently.
How the PDI Program Works
If you are having difficulty getting invoices 60+ days old paid by VA, the PDI Program is for you. Please review the program criteria below, and submit your PDIs as appropriate. Questions? Contact the NMEDA office or Amy.Schoppman@nmeda.org.
Program Criteria Checklist
If you have past due invoices, we ask that you…
- Only submit invoices that are properly documented, pre-authorized, and not currently in dispute
- Make at least one attempt to resolve the outstanding payment directly
- Make certain that the invoices have not already been paid
This program will be suspended or even terminated if invoices do not meet the above requirements. We appreciate your cooperation.
Using the Excel spreadsheet linked below, please submit your past-due invoices by the first of each month.
Only forms filled out COMPLETELY will be accepted.
- Click the link below and fill out the requested information directly into the Excel file on your computer. (Please do not print and fill out by hand or submit PDFs.)
- Save the file to your desktop or hard drive as an “Excel Workbook”.
- Attach the Excel file to a new email (SUBJECT: past due invoices) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions? Please call 813.264.2697 and we will assist you.