The Manufacturer Quality Assurance Program
Designed specifically for auto mobility manufacturers
Developed by the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA), the Manufacturer Quality Assurance Program (MQAP) is a quality assurance program for manufacturers. The primary objective of the program is to assure that all modified vehicles and mobility equipment produced by NMEDA members are safe and reliable. This assurance is achieved by independent review of motor vehicle safety standard compliance data including crash test results for accessible vehicle manufacturers.
For mobility equipment installers and dealers, MQAP designation assures that the product being installed or sold meets applicable Federal and Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (F/CMVSS) and contains all the hardware and instructions necessary for proper installations. For end users, the MQAP designation provides confidence in knowing the vehicle or mobility product is safe, has been installed by, and will be serviced by manufacturer certified technicians.
Visit our Industry Directory to search for NMEDA member companies by Line of Business.
All NMEDA Manufacturer members are required to participate in MQAP and are held to extremely high standards for consumer safety and product quality. Members must:
- Submit applicable federal safety standard compliance data (F/CMVSS) to NMEDA’s Compliance Review Program (CRP)
- Maintain liability insurance to protect the consumer and manufacturer
- Have a verified and established service/dealer network capable of responding to customers in a 24-hour period
- Provide detailed operation instructions showing how the product is operated and detailing any warnings and/or important aspects of operation to the dealer or consumer
- Have a documented technician certification training program
- Provide minimum 1-year warranty on all products
- Label vehicles/products for compliance with all applicable federal, state, and industry standards