San Jose: Last Chance in 2011 to Attend an Abilities Expo
If you missed the other Abilities Expos this year, there’s still one more in 2011. It’s in San Jose, Calif. Nov. 18-20. This unique forum is devoted to wounded veterans, persons recovering from immobilizing accidents, seniors with age-related health concerns, children with disabilities, individuals with mobility and spinal issues, people who have vision and hearing impairments, people with developmental disabilities and caregivers and loved ones.
Exhibits feature cutting-edge technologies and services for cars, vans, conversions and accessories. It’s a great way to see a variety of conversion vans in one location. You can spend hours on the exhibit floor testing and comparing products and services from different companies.
It also features three days of top-notch products and services, informative workshops and family activities—and admission is free! With onsite discounts, many offerings are discounted exclusively for Abilities Expo attendees.
Wander around and see everything or visit the website beforehand at (www.abilitiesexpo.com/sanjose) to see a list of participating exhibitors and plan your day(s).
- Free workshops abound for those with children with disabilities, travel tips for those with disabilities, navigating Medicare, and more.
- Events and activities allow you to try a host of different adaptive sports, work with assistance dogs, and see the newest features available for manual and power wheelchairs.
- The Assistive Technology Pavilion features the latest AT products for people of all ages with wide ranges of physical, sensory and intellectual disabilities.
- Test your skills at track, boccia, basketball, table tennis, soccer, aerobics, goal ball, beep baseball and more!
- Not just for grown-ups, Abilities Expo is fun for kids with products and services created with children in mind, kid-focused activities, sports, crafts, games and more.
Exhibitors include many leading companies. Check them out at the website. Click on “For Exhibitors,” then “Exhibitor List.”
For more information, visit www.abilitiesexpo.com.
The next Abilities Expo is in Atlanta Feb. 17-19, 2012.
The National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA) is an advocate for mobility and accessibility for drivers with disabilities. If you need help with converting or buying a handicap accessible car, truck or van, please consider one of our mobility equipment dealers.