Comprehensive Automotive Mobility Solutions (CAMS)
NMEDA’s most popular course is also its most versatile, available online or in-person as a full-day event or lunch ‘n learn. See below for upcoming FREE in-person events in your area or register here for the FREE online version.
This introductory level continuing education course contains a range of topics pertaining to personal automotive mobility solutions. It will assist the allied health care practitioner in understanding and advocating for individuals seeking automotive vehicle modification solutions, while also teaching practitioners about the unique process involved in evaluating, selecting and purchasing appropriate automotive options.
- Class Introduction and Overview
- History of Mobility Companies/Manufacturers/Mobility Equipment Dealers
- Comprehensive Automotive Mobility Solutions Presentation
- Chronic Illnesses/Disability and Automotive Solutions
- Working with Mobility Equipment Dealers
- Part 1 Review – Questions & Conclusions
- Resource Review/Group Exercise
- Product Walk-A-Round
- Part 2 Review – Questions & Conclusions
- Final Exam – Questions, concerns, conclusions
Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
- Understand and identify the unique process involved in researching, evaluating, selecting and purchasing automotive mobility solutions.
- Differentiate and list the key industry professionals and organizations involved with the automotive mobility equipment industry.
- Identify and list valuable resources to assist your patients in the available automotive transportation options.
- Understand and list the negative ramifications consumers/patients may face with poor awareness of this unique process in the automotive mobility arena.
- Identify and differentiate the pros and cons of various common automotive mobility solutions for accessible vehicles and adaptive equipment.
- Identify and learn how to establish a solid and positive working relationship with your local Mobility Equipment Dealer
Continuing Education Provider: NMEDA
Target Audience: OT, OTA, PT, PTA, Case Managers, ATP, Students and Other Health Professionals
AOTA Classification Code: Category 2 Occupational Therapy Process
Education Level: Introductory
National Accreditations: AOTA (.7 CEU), ADED (7 CEH), CCMC (7 CEH), COPSKT (7 CEH). RESNA CEUs available by individual request.