Comprehensive Automotive Mobility Solutions (CAMS)
NMEDA’s most popular course is also its most versatile, available online or in-person as a full-day event or lunch ‘n learn. Here you will find upcoming FREE in-person events or you can register here for the FREE online version.
This introductory level continuing education course contains a range of topics pertaining to personal automotive mobility solutions. It will assist the allied health care practitioner in understanding and advocating for individuals seeking automotive vehicle modification solutions, while also teaching practitioners about the unique process involved in evaluating, selecting and purchasing appropriate automotive options.
- Class Introduction and Overview
- History of Mobility Companies/Manufacturers/Mobility Equipment Dealers
- Comprehensive Automotive Mobility Solutions Presentation
- Chronic Illnesses/Disability and Automotive Solutions
- Working with Mobility Equipment Dealers
- Part 1 Review – Questions & Conclusions
- Resource Review/Group Exercise
- Product Walk-A-Round
- Part 2 Review – Questions & Conclusions
- Final Exam – Questions, concerns, conclusions
Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
- Identify the unique mobility equipment solutions available for your patients.
- Differentiate between key mobility equipment participant and providers.
- Identify useful mobility equipment resources to assist your patients.
- Discuss the risks of poor awareness about safe mobility equipment options.
- Apply general knowledge obtained about accessible vehicles and adaptive equipment.
Past CAMS Events
November 4, 2022 | Birmingham, AL | Alabama Dept. of Rehab Services
June 25, 2022 | Ypsilanti, MI | Superior Van & Mobility
June 23, 2022 | Fishers, IN | Superior Van & Mobility
March 25, 2022 | Chantilly, VA | Driver Rehabilitation Center of Excellence
May 20, 2022 | Fort Collins, CO | Frontier Access & Mobility
If you are a NMEDA member and would like to host an event, please contact us.
NMEDA is an Approved Continuing Education Provider
Target Audience: OT, OTA, PT, PTA, Case Managers, ATP, KT, Students and Other Health Professionals
Education Level: Introductory
AOTA Category: OT Service Delivery and Professional Issues
National Accreditations: AOTA (.7 CEU), ADED (7 CEH), CCMC (7 CEH), COPSKT (7 CEH), RESNA (.7 CEU), PT is available by request.
The assignment of contact hours or CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.