Advocating Automotive Mobility (AAM) for Your Clients
Developed by Allied Health Professionals FOR Allied Health Professionals, and featuring five real-life case studies, this course will provide a unique perspective on auto mobility solutions in the real world. Register here for the FREE online version.
This introductory level continuing education course contains a range of topics pertaining to personal automotive mobility solutions. It will assist the allied health care practitioner in understanding and advocating for individuals seeking automotive vehicle modification solutions, while also teaching practitioners about the unique process involved in evaluating, selecting and purchasing appropriate automotive mobility options.
- Overview of the Importance of Mobility and Related Services
- Automotive Mobility Industry Overview
- Diagnosis, Assessment and Automotive Solutions
- Case Studies
- Working with Mobility Equipment Dealers
- Resource Review
- Dealer Locator Learning Activity
- CEU Test and Certificate of Completion (AOTA, ADED, CCMC)
Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
- Recognize the importance of automotive mobility independence for persons with disabilities
- Differentiate the role of key industry professionals and organizations involved in the automotive mobility industry
- Identify the unique process involved in researching, evaluating, selecting, and purchasing automotive mobility solutions
- Distinguish between different program models used in driving programs
- Explore a road map for assessment and advocacy in the mobility process
NMEDA is an Approved Continuing Education Provider
Target Audience: OT, OTA, PT, PTA, Case Managers, ATP, Students and Other Health Professionals
AOTA: Introductory, OT Service Delivery and Professional Issues.
Accreditation Approval: AOTA .15 CEU, ADED 1.5 CEH, CCMC 1.5 CEH, COPSKT .15 CEU, RESNA .15 CEU
The provider (NMEDA) reserves the right to cancel the course due to unforeseen/unavoidable circumstances at any time. NMEDA reserves the right to change a course date or instructor.